ABN 69 152 900 519
PARTNER ORGANISATION REGISTRATION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
VBB established VetMatch (incoorporating its Community Awareness program) to provide animal welfare organisations with skilled volunteers to assist with their valuable clinical and community work.
The terms and conditions (Terms) of applying for registration as a VetMatch Partner Organisation (VMPO) and be eligible to participate in these programs are set out below. Please read these Terms carefully. They also apply to use of the VBB Website (the Website) and the application process. By using the Website and submitting an application, applicants agree to be bound by the Terms. We may revise the Terms from time to time by updating this posting. Revised Terms take effect from the time of posting.
The objective of VetMatch is to bring together its carefully screened communities of VetMatch Partner Organisations (VMPOs) and VBB volunteers. We aim, through these Terms, to ensure as far as practicable that the experiences of Volunteers and VMPOs are fulfilling and productive.
The Terms of registration as a VMPO are as follows:
- Applications to register as a VMPO may be made by animal welfare organisations that have registered as a VBB Affiliate Organisation, using the appropriate form available on the Website.
- Applicants acknowledge and agree that VBB is under no obligation to accept any application.
- VMPO registration binds the VMPO to the fulfilment in entirety of commitments and statements made in its application. While VBB understands this may not be possible at all times, failure to advise VBB of any breach of T&C, without good cause, may lead to removal from the VMPO register.
- An organisation may be removed from the VMPO register if:
a .it fails to advise VBB of any relevant changes to its status; or if it is subsequently found to fail to meet the requirements of VMPO registration; or
b.VBB reasonably believes that the VMPO is in breach of the T&C or of any relevant law or standards or has acted inconsistent with the letter or spirit of the Terms.
- Charities and Not-For-Profit Organisations: no charges apply
- An annual registration fee applies to For-Profit Organisations and Government agencies.
- The fee scale is outlined on the Website and is subject to change without notice.
Vets Beyond Borders
- To make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the qualifications and suitability of volunteers and the status of VMPOs are appraised as accurately as possible.
- To make all reasonable efforts to match the VBB volunteer with an appropriate project. VBB endeavours to provide the volunteer with a short-list of projects from which the volunteer may select a preferred placement. Although VBB may make other recommendations where appropriate or where a match is not made, it cannot be held responsible for outcomes.
- To introduce the volunteer to the nominated representative of the selected VMPO, following placement selection.
- In the event of violation of the Terms, VBB may advise on resolution options; however its role is not one of mediator,
- To maintain communication with VMPOs, to ensure accuracy of information held on VMPOs and their projects.
VetMatch Partner Organisations
- To provide accurate and complete information to VBB and VBB volunteers.
- To adhere to all undertakings and responsibilities applicable to VMPOs.
- To provide VBB with regular updates on its activities and advise VBB of any changes to its operations or local conditions which may affect its ability to support current or future volunteers.
- To communicate with volunteers following placement selection, to assist volunteers in making the necessary arrangements for their placements.
- To provide all possible support and assistance to volunteers prior to and during placements.
- To provide feedback to VBB on volunteer performance and the VetMatch process.
Use of Website
- Use of the Website is at the risk of user. VBB endeavours to provide a convenient and functional Website, but does not guarantee that its content is free from error or that it operates free of viruses or other malware.
- Without limiting the above provisions, everything on the Website is provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- Links: VBB has not reviewed all websites linked to its Website and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-Website pages or any other websites linked to this Website. The inclusion of any link does not imply that VBB endorses the linked website, and all links are accessed at the user’s risk.
- To the extent permitted by law, VBB expressly disclaims and excludes any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, under or in relation to your use of the Website. VBB will not be responsible for any costs or losses you incur arising from your use of the Website.
- VMPOs undertake not to disrupt or interfere with the Website or servers or software, hardware or equipment connected to it or, via the Website, violate any applicable law relating to its use of the Website or collect or store personal data about other users of the Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
- VMPOs acknowledge that Website content is subject to copyright and possibly other intellectual property rights (Intellectual Property Rights). Nothing a VMPO does on or in relation to the Website will transfer any Intellectual Property Rights to it or licence it to exercise any Intellectual Property Rights unless expressly stated.
- From time to time, VBB may publish stories and testimonials from participants in VetMatch or its Public Awareness program. VMPOs give full permission for VBB to use such material and media to promote its programs, free from royalties of any kind.
The location and nature of the work of VMPOs, will appear on the website, however the names of VMPOs will not be published without prior consent.
Disclosures and Waivers
- VBB will not in any way be liable for the conduct or experience of VMPOs or Volunteers.
- VMPOs agree that VBB will not be liable or responsible for loss or damage of any kind, incurred as the result of involvement with VetMatch.
- VBB may provide VMPOs with notices by posting them on the Website or to email addresses provided by VMPOs.
- VMPOs agree to have been determined to have received a notice either on transmission to an appropriate email address or on posting to the Website.
- The Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
- VMPOs irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
- VMPOs agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless VBB, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from use of the Website or its content or breach of the Terms.